Norwood Fair Ambassador Competition
Each year The Norwood Agricultural Society hosts a competition to crown an Ambassador that will represent the Fair for the year.
The Norwood Fair Ambassador program is an excellent opportunity to become involved in the community, learn more about agriculture and the Norwood Fair and gain valuable leadership and presentation skills.
Individuals between the ages of 17 and 24 (at the time of competition) are invited to participate in this exciting experience!
- Each contestant will be matched with a local sponsor
- Each contestant receives $150.00 from their sponsor
- Sponsors provide a sash for contestants to wear during the competition and Fair Weekend
- Contestants will meet for a photo opportunity with sponsors prior to the competition day
The Ambassador Competition is held each year in August.
- Completes an interview with a panel of 3 judges
- Prepares and delivers a 3 to 5 minute speech about the Norwood Fair
- Answers an impromptu question
1st Runner-up: $100.00
2nd Runner-up: $50.00
During the Fair Weekend all Contestants will be involved in a variety of events:
- Helping out in the School Fair and Homecraft Buildings on the Thursday and Friday prior to the Fair
- Handing out prize ribbons at various Competitions and Shows
- Spending time in the Kidz Koral
- Riding on the Ambassador float in the parade on Saturday and attending the Opening Ceremonies
- Representing their Sponsor throughout the Fair Grounds
In addition to Fair Weekend the Ambassador will have the opportunity to represent and promote the Norwood Fair and the community through various events:
- Participating in Community Santa Claus Parades
- Attending Main Board, School Fair and Homecraft Meetings
- Speaking to Community Organizations, Group and Clubs
Attending the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Convention held for 3 days in Toronto in February
- Competing in the Canadian National Exhibition Ambassador of the Fairs Competition in Toronto in August
CNE Ambassador of the Fairs Competition
On the opening weekend of the CNE in August Ambassadors from all fairs across Ontario participate in a 3-day competition for the title of CNE Ambassador of the Fairs.
Ambassadors participate in seminars, parades and have the opportunity to take in all that the CNE has to offer.
Thanks to Past and Present Sponsors of
the Norwood Fair Ambassador Competition!
- Norwood Lions Club
- Havelock Lions Club
- Norwood Lioness Club
- Norwood Foodland
- Havelock Foodland
- Centennial Pharmacy
- J.J. Stewart Motors
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 300
- Norwood Home Hardware
- Asphodel-Norwood Fire Fighters
- Robin McRobbie Real Estate
- Wrap-It-Up & Go
- Hucklebug Childcare Centre
If you are interested in competing or for more information please contact:
Ashley Calder at
or by phone at 705-639-5240
Norwood Fair Ambassador 2023-2024
Top Honours at the CNE
Jenna English 2008-09
We are proud to record in our history that three of our very own Fair Ambassadors have won top honours at Toronto's Canadian National Exhibition.
The annual Ambassador of the Fairs competition attracts approximately 80 young women and men from across rural Ontario who are proud to share their comprehensive knowledge of Canadian agriculture.
In order to be considered for the esteemed title of Ambassador of the Fairs, the contestants must first have competed and won at their local fair. The finalists then travel to Toronto for the three day judging competition. Through their poise, self-confidence, agricultural knowledge and prepared speeches, a candidate is chosen to represent the CNE for next year.
The objective of the Ambassador of the Fairs is to promote, educate and inform the public on Canadian agriculture while bridging the gap between rural and urban communities.